Care Routing Analytics
Our team uses a data-driven approach to help members navigate the healthcare system. We work alongside data scientists, engineers, product managers, and others to understand the cost and quality of our providers and help our members find the best care for themselves. We play a diverse set of roles: identifying problems in company processes and products, designing scalable solutions, working across the company to ensure their implementation, answering complex data questions, providing analytical and technical support, building visualizations, and helping set the strategy for improving healthcare.
We look for people who want a varied, fast-paced day-to-day, are passionate about solving problems, and have the drive to get things done. Specific projects we tackle include:
- Solving the major pain points in finding healthcare
- Increasing the number of people finding high-quality, low-cost care through Oscar
- Matching people with the right level and type of care
- Helping providers decrease behaviors that drive up costs for members
- Analyzing our data to understand where we can be more effective in helping members find care
- Working with marketing to build a targeted strategy to increase the care we route
The ideal candidate:
- Has outstanding structured and critical thinking
- Is passionate about understanding complex issues with a data-driven approach
- Has a technical bent and the ability to use or to learn to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. Excel/SQL/Python)
- Gets things done
- Can put together a project plan and drive a team of people with different skills to produce tangible results
- Enjoys experimenting and iterating on different ways to solve a problem
- Can drive through complex issues, solving problems with a balance of speed and precision
- Works well with others
- Good at listening to others, understanding the problems they’re trying to tackle, and helping them build solutions
- Takes initiative and wants to help the people they work with
- Is thoughtful and humble
- Thinks well on many types of problems
- Is willing to master the detail when needed but also can zoom out and have a view on how to shape the bigger picture
- Enjoys switching in and out of business, clinical, and social ways of thinking
The following will be helpful but are not essential…
- 4+ years of work experience
- A proven track record in either performing data-driven analytical work or project managing complex initiatives
- Knowledge of healthcare, health economics, health policy, or health insurance
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.