CDI Specialist/Data Analyst at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Health Information Management Department (HIM) is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our growing Clinical Documentation Integrity team. Reporting to the Manager of CDI and Data Operations, the Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialist will be part of the dynamic Clinical Documentation Integrity program.
- Work primarily as a CDI Specialist, reviewing medical records and querying Providers to obtain clarification on specific missing diagnoses or information, and assign accurate working DRGs
- Collect, analyze and report CDI/Provider Data using Vizient and/or 3M 360 Encompass, at the direction and supervision of the CDI Manager
- Be able to work with, provide education and training to Providers on improving clinical documentation, as needed
- Collaborate with coders to resolve any discrepancies in the coded chart during reconciliations
- Ensure accuracy and quality of work produced
- Be actively involved in any improvement initiatives proposed by the department
- Capable of reviewing medical records and extracting pertinent clinical information to reflect accurate severity of illness for a patient
- Capable of using established query guidelines/compliant practices to query Providers and obtain clarification/specificity of diagnoses, confirm Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) or other pertinent clinical information
- Capable of understanding data and performing some required analysis
- Capable of planning and prioritizing work as directed by Manager
- Capable of thinking critically, independently and proactively, aligned with organizational goals
- License required in either RN/PA/International Medical School Graduate in addition to having 2-5 five years of full time CDI experience in an inpatient acute care/healthcare facility
- Experience with Vizient and/or 3M 360 Encompass systems required
- CDIP, CCDS, CCS, CHDA certifications preferred
- Experience with Healthcare Data Analysis a plus
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.