Clinical and Research Liaison - Northeast at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a high-performing and experienced Clinical and Research Liaison (CRL) to support the commercial and educational objectives of the company. We are seeking a field based CRL with strong clinical and scientific background in oncology and excellent communication skills to educate health care providers about Tempus offerings. This position will report to the VP, Medical Affairs and will require approximately 50% travel.
- Function as a Sales Team support and a regional expert with respect to Tempus test offerings, promoting exchange of clinical/scientific/technical information with KOLs and other physicians in the field of oncology;
- Facilitate education of broad healthcare provider community (KOLs, community physicians, medical directors and other HCPs) regarding Tempus oncology products via in-person or webinar-based presentations. This will include proactive and reactive communication of validated scientific data;
- Collaborate with the Medical Affairs Team and other internal teams in organizing and leading regional and national medical advisory boards, identifying and managing investigator-initiated studies, coordinating clinical studies, as well as publication planning and execution efforts;
- Identify of opportunities to close education gaps of Clinical and Research Sales Executives;
- Attend conferences and other key meetings and provide comprehensive meeting synopses and summaries of high impact abstracts/posters/oral presentations;
- Continuously update internal stakeholders on relevant medical and scientific knowledge as well as proactively developing market intelligence on existing competitor products and products in development.
- Fundamental understanding of the field of molecular oncology and related patient management algorithms;
- Existing oncology KOL portfolio is required;
- Working knowledge of genomic laboratory developed testing (LDT);
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, strong inter- and intradepartmental management skills, ability to educate and train;
- Ability to travel (50%);
- Familiarity with CLIA-88’, CAP, Sunshine Act (2013), AdvaMed Guidelines;
- Self-starter, self-motivated with an ownership mindset
Education and Experience
- Advanced scientific or medical degree (PhD, PharmD, MD, MSN, BSN)
- 3 years of MSL experience in a diagnostics, biotech or pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience in the molecular oncology field required; experience with LDTs strongly preferred.