Clinical Data Team (multiple levels)
We are looking for people to join our Clinical Data team who are experienced in clinical data and fluent in oncology terminology to help us interpret and organize clinical oncology data. You would be responsible for developing data capture forms, designing feasibility tests, improving on our data model, analyzing results, and providing feedback to the team.
We are open to various levels as follows:
Clinical Data Coordinator: Applicants with some experience in clinical oncology research. Looking for at least 1-2 years of direct experience.
Clinical Data Analyst: Applicants with experience in clinical oncology data. Looking for at least 2-5 years of direct experience.
Clinical Data Lead: Applicants with extensive experience in clinical oncology data and clinical data management. Looking for at least 5+ years of direct experience.
- Work with cross functional teams (e.g Research Oncology, Product and Operations, Quantitative Sciences and Engineering) on research initiatives to develop high quality data products for delivery to clients
- Become subject matter expert on specific diseases as well as Flatiron offerings and data management
- Manage a portfolio of 2-5 projects in parallel and prioritize tasks across projects and teams based on comprehensive judgement of trade-offs
- Develop and own project plans and timelines end-to-end
- Lead problem-solving discussions with internal stakeholders (e.g. Research Oncology, Product and Operations, Quantitative Sciences, Engineering and Life Science Partnerships) to drive towards agreement within a group that is clinically and scientifically sound
- Understand how to identify major pain points in various workflows, build templates and tools to address these challenges, gather feedback from the user, and rapidly iterate
- Recommend technical system improvements to ensure easy of use through interaction with engineering staff
- Be familiar with all aspects of how cancer is treated, from diagnosis to recovery, and be fluent in cancer terminology
- Be a clinical research assistant, registered nurse, physician assistant, or equivalent with considerable oncology experience
- Have BS or MS in science, nursing, or healthcare related field
- Be proficient in the use of Excel
- Have a high comfort level with technology and familiarity with EMR systems and EDCs
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Have experience with clinical data management or data entry
- Being an effective communicator who can break down a complex data analysis and tell a compelling story to stakeholders ranging from clinical staff to engineers to sales
- Self-motivator who is able to prioritize and address problems in a highly ambiguous environment
- Are familiar with SQL