Clinical Research Scientist
Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve human well-being. In the short term, we are building state-of-the-art AI software to reduce diagnostic errors in radiology and improve patient outcomes. Over the long term, we are transforming early disease identification and management through our interdisciplinary research at the intersection of medicine and AI.
We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our clinical team is comprised of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and other prestigious institutions. Imagen’s technical team is comprised of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at leading companies, including Google and Facebook.
We were founded in 2016 and have raised over $60M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures and DFJ.
Clinical research is a foundational component of Imagen’s work to build provably safe and effective AI-based medical devices. We’re looking for a Clinical Research Scientist who can own clinical studies end-to-end, from the design of protocols, guiding study execution, analyzing results, and effectively communicating results to both scientific and non-scientific audiences. The studies will generally involve testing the safety and effectiveness of practicing clinicians using AI systems. The ideal candidate will maintain high standards and have the strong sense of pragmatism required to operate effectively in a startup. The ideal candidate will also feel ownership and responsibility for ensuring that his or her work both effectively serves patient needs and achieves its business goals.
- Study Design: design study protocols for human subjects experiments
- Study Oversight: oversee study execution
- Study Analysis: conduct statistical analyses and interpret results
- Study Communication: effectively communicate study results (verbally and written) to internal and external audiences (e.g., FDA, research publications)
- PhD with post-doctoral training in an experimental science (e.g., biomedical sciences, experimental psychology)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of authoring papers in top-tier journals in a scientific field with high methodological rigor
- Proven track record of presenting talks to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong reasoning abilities and attention to detail
- Strong record of running well-designed human subjects experiments
- Proven track record of designing experiments and weighing the strengths and weaknesses of alternative designs
- Experience managing vendors, analysts, and subordinates
- Hands-on knowledge of statistics for experiment design and analysis
- Must be proficient in R, Matlab, or SAS
- Must be proficient at running ANOVAs
- Must have the judgment and expertise to select and execute the appropriate statistical tests for analyzing clinical trial results
This role is based in New York, NY.