Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
The Clinical Strategy Manager will be in charge of researching opportunities for clinical expansion and partnership. You will maintain, organize and manage a portfolio of clinical opportunities. You will work closely with the clinical team to determine what the future of healthcare will look like at Ro. You will report to the SVP of Medical Affairs and Research and will be a part of the Clinical Strategy and Product Development team.
Who are you? That's a great question. You’re passionate about working for a company that supports the delivery of safe, high-quality healthcare and harnessing technology to do so. You have incredible attention to detail and a strong background using your clinical knowledge and expertise to make strategic decisions. You are a self-starter. You are a problem solver. You are not afraid of thinking outside of the box. You're great at cooperating with team members from different areas of the business and you thrive in forward thinking situations. You’re flexible, creative, and solutions-oriented. You are an excellent communicator, especially when it involves translating complex medical concepts and information into lay-friendly terms and ideas. You have the ability to view opportunities from all angles and think critically about business opportunities from a clinical and strategic perspective.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform research and clinical due diligence on companies interested in working with Ro
- Build the infrastructure for the intake, management, and tracking of the pipeline of partnerships, from a clinical perspective. Create a regular cadence for evaluating potential partnerships with internal partners to foster alignment across business objectives
- Develop and update all supporting documents and presentations that speak to Ro’s value in the healthcare ecosystem and to potential partners
- Present research and due diligence findings to clinical leadership and strategy cross-functional teams
- Ensure medical accuracy and patient safety when identifying opportunities for medical speciality/condition/disease expansion
- Ensure compliance with clinical/regulatory policies and procedures and provide guidance to various stakeholders on related disciplines by working closely with Legal
What You Bring to the Team:
- 3+ years of strategy, consulting or equity research experience in healthcare, life science, medical device/biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in researching companies and intellectual property within the pharmaceutical, healthcare, life sciences or biotech industries
- Deep understanding of the process behind launching new clinical services or prescription drugs, researching conditions, and therapeutic condition expansion.
- Ability to explain scientific and medical concepts to a lay cross functional team
- Outstanding organization with Excel proficiency
- Strong communication, written, and presentation skills
- Passion for building the future of healthcare, where patients are in control
Education and Qualifications:
- Medical Doctor (MD/DO) or equivalent
- MBA preferred
- Equity research experience preferred
- Management consultant experience preferred
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.