Cloud Security Analyst - Product at Datadog
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Cloud Security team at Datadog develops cloud security policies that power Datadog’s Cloud Security Posture Management product. We’re taking a new approach to cloud security at Datadog by leveraging detailed observability data in a cloud-native way. In partnership with the rest of the product organization, you will research all the ways cloud services, docker, and Kubernetes can be misconfigured to help engineers maintain good cloud security hygiene and protect their infrastructure from today’s modern attack vectors.
As a Cloud Security Analyst attached to the Product team, you will speak with customers and understand their needs for ensuring the security of their infrastructure, and you will developer OOTB or custom policies for our Security product(s) in order to notify customers when they have misconfigured services that leave them vulnerable to an attack. Your research will be used by our customers to improve their security posture and comply with regulatory standards (i.e. HIPAA, GDPR, SOC 2). Together with your team, you will research the latest vulnerabilities attackers are exploiting in cloud-native technologies and evangelize your findings with the community.
- Learn everything about detecting threats in cloud-native environments, and pour it back into building a great product
- Talk to highly technical customers about their security, listen to their needs, and work with the team to solve their problems
- Balance many factors (market, customers, team) to prioritize which cloud security policies and capabilities are prioritized
- Grow to understand our users (software developers, ops engineers) deeply; deliver cloud security policies they find useful out of the box
- Work closely with Product Management to shape the Cloud Security Posture Management product
- Write, create and deliver content for our community such as blog posts, documentation, webinars and workshops
- You have familiarity with reporting and/or monitoring infrastructure against GRC frameworks such as HIPAA, PCI, and SOC 2
- You have implemented technical controls to monitor regulatory compliance requirements
- You have first-hand experience working in security engineering, GRC, security operations, offensive security, or DFIR
- You have a proven track record at identifying vulnerabilities in infrastructure, ideally in the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes, etc)
- You enjoy talking to highly technical customers
- You get things done and are motivated by the impact your actions have around you
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule (“EPT”)
At Datadog, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including your work history and professional experience. These considerations potentially can cause your compensation to vary.
The Commercial Account Executive - Denver has an annual starting salary of $65,000, plus variable compensation and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about Benefits click here.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.