OWN THE COMMISSIONS PROCESS
This is an opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing Business Intelligence companies in the world, recently valued at $1B+. We’re a company of builders who’ve created a product for builders. You have the opportunity to own, build and iterate on the commissions process at Sisense.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR FINANCE TEAM:
This is an opportunity to manage commission plans, commission calculations, and commission accounting, as well as other payroll and accounting-related work, at a rapidly scaling pre-IPO tech company. The Commissions Analyst will work with department leaders and employees throughout the organization and will have the opportunity to learn how a best-in-class SaaS business operates. The role will report into the Director of Accounting, who has 11 years experience in both public and private accounting (including 4+ years at Sisense where he is responsible for the commission plans).
HOW YOU'LL RAMP:
By day 30 you’ll...
- Understand Sales, Customer Support, ADR, and Sales Engineer commission compensation plans
- Take ownership of creating, distributing, and tracking individual “acknowledgment forms” containing each individual’s quota information, that each employee must receive and sign
- Calculate monthly sales commissions
- Learn about the payroll process
- Calculate and book the journal entries for monthly bonus and commission accruals
By day 60 you’ll...
- Collaborate with sales team on managing deals and resolving commission-relate issues
- Take full ownership of our headcount tracking and new hire approvals (comparing hiring against budget)
- Review payroll and book bi-monthly payroll journal entries
- Run quarterly commission calculations for multiple departments and distribute statements
- Handle reconciliations of payroll and benefit related accounts
By day 90 you’ll...
- Help evaluate and implement a commission software solution
- Train admins and users on using the new software solution
- Become point of contact for leadership and employees with commission questions
- Start drafting of compensation plans for 2021
- Document commission and payroll processes
- Serve as primary liaison with business stakeholders regarding reporting, data management, workflow and changes
- Field ongoing commission questions from employees
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting requests from leadership
- Identifying issues and errors and bringing to attention of leadership
- Detecting errors and tracking commission plan exceptions
- Analyze new commission-eligible sales contracts (coordination between Legal, Finance & Sales)
- Evaluate commission guidelines periodically and suggest improvement measures
WHAT YOU'VE ACCOMPLISHED SO FAR
- You previously worked with a Finance, Accounting, or Operations team on commissions calculations and plan management in a fast-paced organization
- You have a solid understanding of accounting knowledge (both academic and professional), have experience booking journal entries, contributing to monthly closes, and expense analytical analysis
- You are known to be proactive but also have the ability to work independently
- You are recognized by your managers and peers for your organization, detail-oriented and problem-solving skills
- You consider yourself an Excel wizard and have efficiently worked with large amounts of data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and sound decision-making ability
- You have proven the ability to quickly learn new processes, new systems and generate solutions
- You are stoked and passionate about joining a fast-growing tech company with a proactive
- We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips.
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies.