Compensation Analyst at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about designing and measuring compensation programs that help attract,retain, and engage top talent as well as leveraging People data to tell compelling stories.
We are looking for a Compensation & Analytics Specialist who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves to roll their sleeves up to ensure DigitalOcean has first-in-class compensation programs and People analytics. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Compensation & Analytics, you will drive analyses across our total rewards suite to ensure we deliver meaningful, equitable, and consistent offerings to our employees. You are welcomed to work remotely full time in this role.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Support the day-to-day management and operations of DO’s compensation programs globally, including base pay, annual bonus plans, sales incentive plans and equity programs.
- Partner with our team to introduce and embed compensation analysis into our existing reporting frameworks for hiring, attrition, promotions, and DEI.
- Review job descriptions against external benchmark data to ensure salary recommendations are aligned with market pricing and internal equity.
- Collaborate with the larger People team to establish & maintain our salary ranges for both internal analyses and external hiring.
- Participate in implementing market survey data to expand our internal database globally, as we enter new international markets.
- Recommend process improvements and opportunities to further align our Compensation & Analytics practice with DO’s culture, values, and business objectives.
- Monitor pay equity and proactively recommend adjustments as appropriate.
- Support the Sr. Manager in ensuring all compensation programs are compliant with FLSA, OFCCP, pay fairness legislation, minimum wage requirements, overtime rules, GDPR, etc. Coordinate with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Compensation experience preferably with a global employer
- Outstanding Excel skills (we use Google Sheets!)
- Commitment to operational excellence and pride in highly accurate work
- Tremendous attention to detail and passion for data exploration
- Desire to foster best-in-class employee experience
- Experience with HRIS reporting
- Initiative and drive, ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects and work in a deadline-oriented environment
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!