Compensation Analyst at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
WWe are seeking a hardworking Compensation Analyst to join our constantly evolving People organization. As a member of the Compensation function, this individual will deliver outstanding advisory services to a number of internal partners on all Compensation-related matters. On a day to day basis, this will include partnering with Talent Acquisition, Business Partners, HRIS, Finance, Legal and other internal teams
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Business Partners to structure new hire offer packages
- Support annual compensation processes such as market benchmarking, salary review, bonus cycle and equity grants
- Administer company equity program and serve as point of contact for employee inquiries
- Serve as point of contact for review and execution of off-cycle compensation changes
- Support bi-weekly payroll process
- 2+ years of experience in Compensation or a related function in Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Human Resources
- Ability to operate in fast-paced, hyper-growth, often ambiguous environments
- Takes initiative with little to no direction and consults with leader as needed
- Very high level of personal integrity and ability to handle and maintain sensitive, confidential information
- Comfortable working with and analyzing large sets of data and communicating results
- Strong communication skills, as well as a desire to provide excellent client service to a variety of internal partners
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.