Competitive Intelligence Lead at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Competitive Intelligence Lead to build a center of excellence for competitive insights. With millions of websites across the globe, Squarespace has a diverse customer base, and sits in a category that supports entrepreneurs, small business owners, and hobbyists alike. We are constantly looking for ways to better understand customer needs and how best to stand out to those who need our tools the most.
You will sit within the Market Research team, and will develop a centralized point of view of the market landscape and competitive positioning within the vertical. The Competitive Intelligence function will draw from work and resources to provide expertise and keep the organization updated with latest developments and shifts.
We are looking for someone who is excited about building the foundations of a Competitive Intelligence function end-to-end. You will build relationships across Squarespace to understand existing resources and identify gaps to create recurring reports highlighting competitive strengths, weaknesses and strategies. Experience with competitive analysis and driving adoption of insights across multiple departments is required for this role. This position is based in New York City and reports directly to the Head of Market Research.
- Track, report, and provide insights on Squarespace competitors, internationally and across product categories
- Develop frameworks and evaluation criteria for the changing landscape of the competitive marketplace
- Develop and onboard tools to promote a competitive insights culture that informs/influences important decisions
- Conduct ad hoc analyses and interpretation of data to create meaningful action
- Create benchmarks and KPIs for how we consider our competition
- 5+ years of experience in competitive intelligence and analysis, working cross-functionally
- Experience working with Marketing in a Research, Finance, Strategy, or related capacity
- Experience working with Product teams with comfort working with executive leadership
- Passionate about analyzing different sources of data and synthesizing information down to what matters most for the business
- Excellent storytelling across modes of communication
- Experience in a technology/SaaS-related industry preferred
- Experience writing and creating clean, synthesized executive reports from multiple sources
- Experience working in a G-Suite environment is a plus
- Very comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the ability to balance competing priorities while collaborating and sharing responsibilities across the team
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.