Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?About the Role
Cockroach Labs is hiring a compliance and risk analyst to support our Compliance Manager. This is a hands-on role where you’ll be interfacing directly with our operational and internal security team, as well as third party auditors.
In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to make a significant impact by providing support to expand our compliance program beyond SOC 2 compliance and scale up our compliance efforts as our customer base grows.You Will
- Support our existing information security compliance program: review and provide insight on our processes for managing security and compliance policies
- Support compliance policies and processes for data security and privacy (such as SOC2, GDPR, and potentially ISO 27001)
- Collaborate with internal teams to address pre-sales security and compliance questionnaires and attract customers by maintaining modern compliance programs
- Manage internal audits.
- Work with external auditors and coordinate audits internally.
- Monitor controls and address violations and gaps.
- Coordinate compliance work streams across all functional areas of Cockroach Labs.
By the end of your third month you will be a fully-fledged member of the team and will own all ongoing compliance work. You will be able to directly interface with customers when needed and you will own the execution of all compliance and risk management activities. You will also be able to support developed plans to implement the next planned compliance certification.You Have
- Broad familiarity with compliance frameworks such as SOC 2, GDPR, SOX, ISO 27001.
- Understanding of security technologies such as MDM, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems (IDS) and how they would be deployed in a cloud infrastructure company.
- Previous experience working in a SaaS software or hosted infrastructure environment.
- Some experience interfacing with enterprise customers and answering customer security questionnaires in a compliance role.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Reporting to Adam Brennick - Compliance Manager
Adam Brennick has a diverse compliance background working in multiple industries supporting company’s compliance efforts. Prior to his compliance focused work, he worked as a program manager, project manager, and IT manager at larger organizations including Flex and Dell. When he is not auditing or conducting risk assessments, Adam spends his time with his two young kids, golfing, and playing retro video games.
Ken Liu - Director of Engineering
Ken Liu is an experienced engineering leader, having managed engineering teams at several high-growth startups in NYC over the past 5 years. Prior, he worked in various industries as a software engineer including Novartis Pharmaceuticals, IEEE, and BMW. In his free time, he spends most of his energy keeping up with his two kids but occasionally likes to relive the 90s by rollerblading.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance option (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning and Development budget
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]