Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications and hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing and checkout experience anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date.
The legal and compliance functions at Bread affect every aspect of our financial technology business. The Compliance Analyst is responsible for working on various aspects of our compliance infrastructure and implementing solutions in a scalable way and, in doing so, interacts with each and every area of the business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Compliance & Guidance - Monitors and evaluates operations for continued compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Provides guidance to the business on identified issues and assists in the remediation of compliance issues. Provides continuous monitoring of policies, procedures, bank/client collateral and correspondence for adherence to compliance guidelines. Performs transactional testing reviews of line of business functionality to ensure compliance with current State and Federal regulations. Reviews, interprets and recommends approval for policies, procedures, bank/client collateral and correspondence, as well as provides guidance to the business on projects and initiatives. Advises the business by providing regulatory subject matter expertise. Offers alternative solutions to support business and objectives and client initiatives while mitigating compliance risk.
- Reporting - Tracks, develops, and prepares executive level reporting on the current state of regulatory governance with a high level of professionalism for presentation to various audiences (committees, Board of Directors, regulators, examiners, etc.). Responds to inquiries initiated through the State’s Attorney General, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies, i.e., OCC, FDIC, Federal Reserve, Treasury, OFAC, etc., on behalf of Bread
- Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting, Criminal Justice, Analytics, Law, Finance or equivalent education
- Two or more years work experience in a compliance capacity in banking, financial services or related field, legal field, law enforcement, etc.
- Bachelor's degree
- Area of Study: Business, Accounting, Criminal Justice, Analytics, Law, Finance
- Five or more years work experience in a compliance capacity in banking, financial services or related field, legal field, law enforcement, etc.