Consumer Insights Analyst
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
As we grow, we’re continuing to gain a better understanding of our audience and their behaviour. As our Consumer Insights Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in driving growth and engagement for the company by helping us develop more sophisticated customer segmentation. This role will allow for close collaboration with our Marketing and Acquisition teams, who you will partner with to inform strategic decisions on the most effective ways to engage our consumers and grow our brand.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets from multiple sources
- Acquiring data from primary and/or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Creating and maintaining weekly/quarterly trend reports that combine transactional, behavioral and third party data
- Performing ad hoc analysis to diagnose trends in data and explain patterns in customer behavior
- Providing data-driven insights to growth team with a focus on optimizing revenue and increasing customer retention
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- 2-4 years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or similar quantitative role
- Experience with large datasets, statistical analyses and data visualization
- Strong SQL and Python skills and exceptional proficiency with BI tools (e.g, Tableau, Looker)
- Strong understanding of customer behavior, user segmentation, and funnel optimization
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.