Consumer Insights Research Associate at theSkimm
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s Data & Analytics team provides robust measurement and actionable insights on our growing membership base. We partner closely with product, engineering, and marketing teams to build innovative products, understand customer demand signals, and measure growth and engagement.
As our company grows, we’re seeking a Consumer Insights Research Associate to join our team. This newly created position will report to our Consumer Insights Manager.
As a Consumer Insights Research Associate, you will work with the Data & Analytics Team to build empathy and understanding for our users across the company. We are passionate about understanding our users, and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions, interests and behaviors. Your contribution to User Research will impact Skimm’rs each day by delivering insights that improve our content, product, marketing, and sales strategies. Initiatives will entail supporting and empowering cross-functional teams with well-reported research.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Draft, program, and administer questionnaires and surveys
- Manage participant recruiting and onboarding for usability testing, user interviews, and focus groups
- Qualitative data analysis/synthesis
- Basic user testing analyses
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to determine research needs
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations
- Note taking and data capture
- Highlight-video creation
- Participate in the Data team’s weekly planning meetings
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-2 years of working in Design Research, UX Research, or Consumer Insights
- Enthusiasm for UX Research / Consumer Insights, and excitement to learn from a team with diverse experience
- Comfortable leading user interviews and observations, writing surveys, and crafting unmoderated usability tests
- Strong communication, project management, analytical, and presentation skills
- You can distill and explain actionable insights from your research clearly to a variety of audiences
- Passionate about ensuring the voice of the customer is well understood throughout the company
- Able to work independently, and ask for support and feedback when needed
- You are familiar with relevant tools like Qualtrics, usertesting.com, GoToMeeting, and CRM systems like SailThru
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- B.A. or higher in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Human Factors, or related field
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives. Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimm’rs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news and makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, and the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance and careers to voting, wellness and downtime. theSkimm’s product suite has expanded to include two top-rated podcasts, “Skimm This'' and “Skimm’d From the Couch,” theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money and Press Pause newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, and Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video and audio content. theSkimm’s first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 and debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And we’re not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the life’s necessity categories and expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content and audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- and the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.