Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about using data to drive change.
DigitalOcean has one of the world’s largest communities that supports the developer experience and education, and amazing content is contributed every single day. Our members engage with thousands of tutorials, guides, Q&A and other forms of content that make up the DigitalOcean experience. DigitalOcean’s community site inspires and empowers millions of people across the globe each month, and we are seeking a motivated, data-driven and results-oriented self-starter who is passionate about Content Analytics.
This person will be an advocate for our users in creating a high-quality platform experience that improves the overall service. To succeed, our Community site and related content must provide value to users whether they’re currently reading, discovering, inactive or just starting with the service. It’s a big challenge, and the role comes with an incredible opportunity for impact. In this critical role, partnering with other teams, you will help define how we optimize our content strategy and the lifecycle experience of our users on the Community site through strategic data analysis. We are looking for an analyst who is comfortable using data to help develop priorities and assess results while also demonstrating a deep understanding of customer needs and wants and an ability to engage with stakeholders with actionable insights.
- Owning the data story for the Community site and conducting analysis to define strategies that directly impact the product and content roadmaps
- Advising Community and Content colleagues of growth opportunities as determined by the data
- Translating company goals into metrics for the content and community teams, as well as designing dashboards to measure progress against those metrics
- Supporting operations (e.g. segmentation, targeting) and measuring the effectiveness of experiments or initiatives such as innovative content types, deeper interactivity on the Community site, and more
- Collaborate closely with data/BI, product, engineering and other marketing stakeholders to define data requirements
- Communicating results to various stakeholders (partners, collaborators, and executives)
- Hands-on proven experience in Content or Product analytics
- Excel and SQL a must; Looker, A|B testing, Segment and Google Analytics experience preferred
- Strong analysis skills – You love to tell stories with numbers and use data to inform strategy
- Experience juggling multiple projects – You can easily manage multiple projects at once and are able to work in a fast-paced, autonomous role
- Excellent communication skills – Whether it is data visualization or presenting results, you can easily share the key takeaways with executives, peers or customers.
- You can transition seamlessly between strategic level planning and detail-oriented execution
- Technical background or experience a plus
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!