ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s Data & Analytics team provides robust measurement and actionable insights on our growing membership base. We partner closely with Product, Marketing, Social, and Editorial teams to measure our performance and drive improvements and growth.
As our company grows and our user base evolves, we’re looking for a Content Data Analyst to join our team. Reporting to theSkimm’s VP of Product & Data - but working closely with our Marketing and Editorial teams - you will define and drive key content performance metrics across our social channels, newsletter, app, web, and audio. To do this you will aggregate and analyze content data from various sources, and distill complex analyses into clear, actionable solutions for partners throughout the company.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Develop a content evaluation framework to communicate content performance and best practices to social, editorial, and marketing teams
- Keep track of competitive trends/competitor keywords and flag content opportunities using Google Trends and other analytical tools.
- Keep pace with SEO and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Test new social and content strategy including design, execution, and analysis and translate results into actionable metrics.
- Help content creators throughout the company understand trends, marketplace dynamics, and user behaviors
- Build dashboards for all levels of the company, including executive leadership, to monitor key metrics and track progress
- Identify, collect, and transform data from disparate sources using SQL, R, Python, or other statistical tools
- Develop a sound understanding of the role of each product within theSkimm’s ecosystem of products
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, SEO optimization, consulting, or similar quantitative role
- Knowledge of content performance in a social and digital media landscape
- Previous analytical experience working with an editorial/content team
- Familiarity with content management platforms such as Contentful
- Comfortable with comparative and exploratory analysis
- Experience with large datasets, statistical analyses, data visualization
- Strong SQL skills, proficiency with business intelligence tools (e.g, Looker, Tableau)
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of user segmentation, cohort analyses, funnel optimization
- Experience in Media or Publishing
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for theSkimm: a passion for our audience and mission
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.