Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe that home is the most important place on earth, and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes.
About the team:
The Angi Design & Creative Team is made up of Designers, Creatives, Writers, and Researchers. We are building an innovative, new home service that spans the digital and physical worlds—from the details on a screen, to in-person, human-to-human interactions, and everything in between. Every member of the team is charged with redefining expectations around what’s possible in the home industry by creating simple, seamless solutions to complex, previously unsolved problems.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Copy Director to define and maintain our brand voice across our customer experience (including marketing and product experiences). Partnering closely with Marketing, Creative, Design and Product, you’ll help establish our brand voice, and then translate it across our entire customer ecosystem. You’ll create the guidelines for our entire organization to follow on how we speak with our customers—both consumers and pros.
Our platform provides customers with a new way of caring for their homes. Education, context, and clarity are key to facilitating this new behavior and building trust. This leadership role is responsible for visionary thinking, copywriting excellence, and the executional output of a copy team comprised of both creative copywriters and UX copywriters.
A successful Copy Director at Angi is a seasoned, ambitious leader who knows how to move fast, collaborates without ego, and writes for clarity. You don’t see a line between design and copy, nor marketing and product—you know they are all interdependent. You are a creative leader who is a natural problem solver and thoughtful in your approach to achieving shared goals. You are committed to delivering excellence every time. You will lead and grow a talented Copy team.
What you'll do:
- Be the most senior Copy leader for our platform and brand.
- Lead a talented writing team by inspiring them to do their best work.
- Partner with Recruiting to grow your writing team to meet the needs of the business.
- Focus your team on a north star and help contextualize all of their work around that goal.
- Evangelize our values in all the work you do with your team, with a particular emphasis on our first one—“Start with the customer.”
- Help shape the overall customer experience strategy for Angi, both near-term and years ahead.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of writing for both marketing and digital products (can include Content Strategy)
- A seasoned manager—you’ve managed writing teams at a product company.
- A writer at heart
- A champion of users and user-centric writing
- An evangelist and guardian of our brand
- An excellent communicator to diverse audiences
- An inspiring leader who believes that showing is better than telling
- An expert in writing for clarity and product performance
Compensation & Benefits:
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world