Copy Lead at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe that home is the most important place on earth, and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes.
About the team:
The Angi Design & Creative Team is made up of Designers, Creatives, Writers, and Researchers. We are building an innovative, new home service that spans the digital and physical worlds—from the details on a screen, to in-person, human-to-human interactions, and everything in between. Every member of the team is charged with redefining expectations around what’s possible in the home industry by creating simple, seamless solutions to complex, previously unsolved problems.
About the role:
We're looking for a Copy Lead who can help Angi bring the new Angi brand to life. You will work with the creative and marketing teams to define and maintain our brand voice across all channels, from digital advertising to streaming audio. You feel as comfortable concepting and writing TV scripts as you do giving feedback on marketing emails.
A successful Copy Lead at Angi knows how to move fast, collaborate without ego, and write for clarity. You don’t see a line between design and copy, nor marketing and product—you know they are all interdependent. You are a natural problem solver and thoughtful in your approach to achieving shared goals. You are committed to delivering excellence every time.
What you'll do:
- Concept, brainstorm and execute integrated campaigns in partnership with design
- Write clear, concise and creative copy for marketing collateral as well as larger campaign initiatives
- Think strategically about how we communicate to different audiences (Homeowners + Pros)
- Collaborate with stakeholders across all teams to ensure consistency in brand messaging, tone and voice
- Work closely with our Copy Director to build and socialize copy guidelines
Who you are:
- 5-8+ years of writing at a creative agency, in-house or similar.
- Experienced in working across a multitude of channels – TV, video, OOH, email, organic social etc.
- A writer at heart
- A champion of users and user-centric writing
- An evangelist and guardian of our brand
- An excellent communicator to diverse audiences
- An inspiring leader who believes that showing is better than telling
- An expert in writing for clarity and product performance
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this positions ranges from $100,000-140,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world