Data Analyst - BI & Analytics
AlphaSense provides an AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s market and company information, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ enterprise clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
Alphasense is looking for a data analyst to join the Analytics & BI team. This role is perfect for a versatile, high-output individual who combines analytical horsepower with excellent project management and internal partnership skills.
Analytics is far more than dashboards and data warehouses. It’s a growth accelerator and enablement layer that, when done right, helps an entire business run better.
This role will play a key part in growing the analytics capability at AlphaSense. As a foundational member of a new team, you’ll be working across the org to help build analytics from the ground up.
Rather than just running SQL queries all day, you’ll partner with internal groups to tackle key strategic, operational, and technical initiatives while building systems that will help us scale.
- Grow and maintain our analytics stack, which includes BigQuery, Dataform, Stitch, Data Studio.
- Assist in the rollout of analytics systems and process throughout the organization.
- Partner across the organization to design metrics and KPIs, and develop analysis to monitor and understand those KPIs.
- Design and create reports & analysis that drive action. This includes assessing needs and resources, and building deliverables that meet the needs of many types of users.
- Support the “single source of truth” for the org through creating and maintaining data models for use by other teams and by identifying and correcting data gaps, inconsistencies, etc.
- Collaborate with product and marketing to support implementation of new data/analytics tools by , e.g., Segment event tracking.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data and analysis.
- Onboard new technical and business users onto our systems and tools
- Identify opportunities for better tooling, data systems, and process to help improve operations and drive growth.
- Strong SQL skills required
- 2 years experience working with databases/analytics data warehouses, e.g., BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift (BigQuery preferred)
- 2 years of experience as a business analyst, data analyst, or in a similar data-focused capacity with a business focus
- 2 years experience building reporting and analysis in BI/visualization software such as Looker, Tableau, Data Studio, etc.
- Previous industry experience preferred (consulting, bizops, revops, etc.)
- Experience with data modeling tools (LookML, dbt, Dataform) a plus
- Experience collaborating deeply across an organization to understand department process, needs, and goals, and building custom analysis/reporting to match
- Experience working with an executive audience to answer strategic questions
- Strong business sense; understanding of the drivers/metrics of SaaS businesses preferred
- Ability to seamlessly switch “altitude” between specific technical questions and broad org-level KPIs/strategies
- Demonstrated proficiency at telling a story with data
- Quick study - ability to quickly dissect a problem and drive insightful analysis is key