We are seeking an experienced Data Analyst to support the growing Business Intelligence (BI) team at Hinge.
The BI team at Hinge empowers the business by providing self-service tools and ad hoc analytics to make insights from our data more visible and accessible. As a Data Analyst on the BI team, you will work closely with stakeholders across the business to understand and support their reporting and analytics needs.
- Provide reliable and accurate reporting & analytics support to Product, Marketing, Finance, and other teams at Hinge
- Develop an expert understanding of Hinge data, key business metrics, and factors that can impact performance
- Perform ad hoc analytics to identify business critical trends and insights from data
- Tell cohesive and compelling stories with data and deliver effective presentations of findings to stakeholders
- Create new and refine existing KPIs
- Work with BI Engineers to create analytical tools that allow users to explore data and surface insights on their own
- Collaborate with Data Scientists on advanced analytics projects
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of work experience, including 3+ years in business intelligence or related data & analytics fields
- 3+ years of experience working cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience working in a fast paced, data-rich environment
- Proficiency in SQL in a big data environment
- Strong ability to wrangle and analyze data, with bonus points for familiarity with Python or R
- Proven ability to solve complex analytical problems and deliver insights from data
- Strong understanding of data modeling practices and techniques
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker (preferred) or Tableau
- Preferred: familiarity with data science concepts
- Attention to detail
- Superb communication and presentation skills
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description