Data Analyst, Clinical Data at TrialSpark
Before new medical treatments can be administered to the public, they must demonstrate safety and efficacy in a clinical trial. These trials protect consumers from ineffective and dangerous products, but the clinical trial process also presents a tremendous bottleneck in delivering life-saving treatments to patients. A typical trial involves coordinating between numerous parties and data formats to gather, store, analyse, and audit clinical data. Mistakes and delays are common, and fewer than 10% of trials finish on time.
At TrialSpark, we are looking for talented data analysts to help us reimagine the clinical trial process from first principles and build a best-in-class clinical data platform.Job Description
Data Analysts at TrialSpark are equal parts strategic and technical thinkers. Analysts will develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders to drive business results -- you will not work in a silo. Data Analysts are expected to be curious, proactive, and solution-oriented.
As a Data Analyst on the Clinical Data team, you will be the primary analyst responsible for TrialSpark’s clinical data platform. You will work closely with Engineering to maintain and refine the ingestion pipeline and data model for the Electronic Health Record (EHR) database we use to identify patients who will be served by a clinical trial. You will partner with the Product, Medical, and Operations teams to set and achieve targets for data quality, and build a learning feedback loop to enable continuous improvement over time. You will develop and execute analyses to glean insights from our EHR data which will be used to better match patients to studies and to make the process of running a clinical trial more efficient. As a founding member of the Clinical Data team, you will play a significant role in developing the team’s culture and strategy. Ultimately, you will leverage data to bring treatments to patients who may not have had access otherwise.Responsibilities
Your work as a Data Analyst on the Clinical Data team will require a wide range of analytic skills, from data modeling to visualization to experiment design, and will involve deep cross-functional collaboration. You will be responsible for:
- Building the best and smartest data model to support business logic (we use dbt as our data transformation layer and model our EHR data using the OMOP Common Data Model)
- Using our BI dashboarding tool (we use Looker) to convey information to stakeholders that is both useful and actionable
- Working closely with Clinical Data engineers to scale our clinical data infrastructure and performing validation analyses to test infrastructure changes
- Partnering with the Medical team to develop and refine analytic workflows to maximize the quality and utility of our clinical data
- Partnering with operational stakeholders to create KPIs and metrics to track the business impact of the Clinical Data team’s work
- Provide insights and recommendations to stakeholders that can make a meaningful difference
Please note we will only consider candidates with a cover letter.Qualifications
- 2+ years of relevant analytical experience
- Expertise in SQL, with basic knowledge of database design and warehousing concepts
- Expertise in Excel
- Bonus points for experience with BI data viz tools (Looker, Mode, DOMO, Tableau, …)
- Bonus points for having experience working in the healthcare space and with healthcare data (EHR, claims, labs, ...)
- Bonus points for experience with dbt or similar transformation tool
- Bonus points for knowledge of Python, R, or another similar scripting language
- Strong analytical mindset. You know that data should be leveraged to make the best decisions possible.
- You are passionate about our mission. You are excited about building the right team to bring medical treatments to patients faster.
- You are organized, persistent and empathetic. You consistently follow-up on tasks and aren’t afraid to track down people to help solve problems.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.