Data Analyst, Consumer Analytics
About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 8 million strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering and smart.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
Data is core to our growing business and has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding. As a Data Analyst, you will collaborate with cross-functional partners on a wide range of complex problems. You’ll use data to help grow and evolve the rental products that exist today and your insights will help shape the company roadmap.
As Data Analyst, you’ll be responsible for driving insights that support decision-making in the consumer space. This role will support both acquisition and retention efforts across all channels and platforms including online and offline, paid and organic, on-site and in-app.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and data mining to see beyond the numbers and extract actionable insights on how our customers use our different services and derive value
- Frame up and administer A/B tests and experiments aimed at improving KPI performance (conversions, churn, etc.)
- Design and evaluate experiments that impact user behavior. Diagnose and communicate root causes of changes in user behavior metrics
- Develop a keen understanding of how our acquisition strategies impact loyalty and how we should allocate our resources or evolve the product as a result
- Build dashboards to showcase and disseminate key insights throughout organization
- Create reusable datasets with appropriate architecture using our complex data pipeline
- Partner with the business and engineering to ensure that we are collecting appropriate data and are utilizing the appropriate frameworks to analyze our performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Technology, Business or related fields; advanced degrees and/or specializations a plus
- 1-3+ years experience with emphasis on statistical data analysis (designing and conducting experiments, performing quantitative analyses, testing scientific hypotheses, etc.)
- Past experience working in an analytically-oriented business role at a consumer facing technology startup highly preferred
- High proficiency using relational databases and writing queries in SQL
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Passion for data and its fundamental ability to create value
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide-range of audiences
- Experience coding in statistical or scripting computer languages such as R and Python highly preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and data analysis methods
- Extremely curious and excited to dive into complex problems
- Track record of building strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- You’re a Rent the Runway superfan who knows the brand inside and out—and are committed to the spirit and intent of our core values