We are looking for a Data Analyst with in-depth data analytics expertise and a desire to partner closely with accounting & finance stakeholders to join Peloton’s Finance Transformation Team. As part of the Finance Transformation Team, you will identify, design and build solutions that enable strategic initiatives and operational improvements. As a dedicated subset of the broader Accounting & Finance team, you will help drive forward initiatives to improve the quality of our financial data and efficiency of the accounting close process, as well as design technology-enabled solutions to support Peloton’s evolving business at scale. As the Data Analyst, you will work directly with Accounting & Finance stakeholders to understand their needs, identify opportunities to optimize existing processes, and leverage your data and analytics skills to provide better visibility into financial data and develop insights to enable leadership to make effective, data-driven decisions. We are looking for a self-motivated, agile team-player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is willing to challenge existing solutions. The ideal candidate possesses a strong analytical toolset, has a passion for difficult challenges and a willingness to prototype and rapidly iterate, working with cross-functional teams to drive meaningful impact to the business.
- Collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to proactively identify process improvements, capture business process requirements, and help translate these requirements into technical solutions to drive efficiency for the organization
- Support the accounting and finance stakeholders with automation and build out customized analytic reports for financial and operational reporting
- Design and develop ETL workflows and datasets in Alteryx to be used by the accounting and finance team to automate the month-end close processes and reconciliations
- Ability to write complex SQL queries with multiple joins to automate/manipulate these extracts in Alteryx; prepare technical specifications and documentation for Alteryx workflows
- Take a hands-on approach to troubleshooting complex process and functional issues and manage these through to resolution
- Work in partnership with the finance stakeholders and IT partners concerning the accuracy of data and efficiency of processes
- Diagnose and troubleshoot data discrepancies and errors
- Understand existing source system data models
- Work with business partners and IT integrations team to define and create reporting dashboards, and support ongoing data monitoring for financial data across systems
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or Statistics)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytics or business intelligence capacity
- Highly skilled in SQL and strong data extraction skills
- Advanced-level proficiency in Alteryx preferred
- Hands-on experience working with very large datasets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation
- Hands-on experience with data model development and reporting in data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, and familiar with spreadsheet software (Excel, Google Sheets)
- High level of precision and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels and to understand and express complex technical concepts
- Understanding of financial accounting concepts and familiarity with month-end close process preferred
- Proactive, self-motivated, and can work independently with strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with ERP software (such as NetSuite, SAP or Oracle) a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.