Data Analyst, Healthcare Analytics at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking a curious, experienced data analyst to design and build analytic solutions that will inform business decisions, drive operations, measure our performance and demonstrate our value as a company. This analytics professional services as a business partner to our Member Outreach, Provider Networks, Gaps in Care or Clinical Operations stakeholders, ensuring analytic insights are delivered as committed in a way that adds value.
Health care data is complex and vast, so you must be excited about sinking your teeth into complex problems, untangling them and communicating your findings to the team. Behind every data element is a real person, with real problems that Cityblock is working hard to address, and the Analytics team is responsible for delivering accurate and timely information to steer these efforts.
If you have a passion for health care data, working with business people, creating solutions, driving value with analytics insights, and are an amazing teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Establish credibility and trusted working partnerships with clinical, operational and research leaders to identify levers for broad system change, pull them, and measure and communicate the results.
- Architect and hands-on development of complex analytics and reporting solutions
- Implement and configure reporting technologies in the Google tech stack, as well as use DBT and SQL
- Perform complex descriptive analyses over production-scale data sets to drive business decisions. Critically interrogate and interpret data to spot patterns and explain data.
- Build-out real-time reporting (both tabular and visual) and work with data tooling across Clinical, Product, Network and Market.
- Design reports to steer our value-driven business lines, including the development of traditional and non-traditional success metrics. Work with our clinical operations team to design and implement robust evaluation frameworks.
- Ensure data quality and validation and utilize a range of data cleansing techniques to correct both ad hoc and systemic issues.
- Drive automation capabilities into reporting solutions
- Retain our analytics repository and other relevant documentation
- Support development of your own professional growth and other analysts on the team by learning, sharing and training on best practices
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field: computer science, data science, mathematics, physics, health sciences or related field
- Prior experience as a Data Analyst within the healthcare industry
- 3+ years experience in advanced analytics, delivering actionable insights from data, database and big data analytics environments
- 1+ years experience with business intelligence (data visualization and dashboarding) such as Tableau, Looker and multiple scripting languages (SQL, Scala, R, Python, etc)
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong problem solving skills and growth mindset are essential
How We Define Success:
- Documentation and maintenance of domain-specific analytics roadmap (e.g., Marketing, Clinical Operations, Network, etc)
- Delivery of analytics supporting business needs; customer satisfaction
- High rate of adoption of data driven recommendations
- Identification and valuation of new opportunities to improve care and/or operations that enables meeting or exceeding targeted performance
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Familiarity with the Google analytics tech stack is a plus (BigQuery, Looker)
- Comfort across a range of data analysis tools such as Python or R
- Agile delivery team experience
- Enjoy working remotely
- Exposure to healthcare data from multiple sources: Payor claims processing, EDI, EHR, HIE, PBM as well as standard clinical metrics and taxonomies (HEDIS, STARS, HCC, CCS, etc)
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.