Data Analyst II at Dataminr (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 as well as the Forbes Cloud 100 for six consecutive years. We were also recognized as one of Built In's Best Companies to Work for in 2022 for the second consecutive year.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You'll work with 1,000+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
We're looking for a Data Analyst II to be responsible for continuously improving the accuracy and efficiency of analytics and reporting infrastructure. Drive process optimizations forward and provide an analytical framework for the insights that inform product, marketing, sales, and business decisions across the company. Shape the next generation of analytics platform, including the evaluation of AI (Artificial Intelligence) features. Refine what we measure and how we interpret and use that data to inform business decisions. Use a combination of 3rd party and homegrown BI (Business Intelligence) tooling to transform raw data into meaningful insights informed by best practices in data governance and analytical techniques. Identify metrics that enable high quality understanding of the performance of the company's key initiatives and then work with BI and Analytics Engineers to implement the corresponding custom metrics, dashboards, and tooling that measure and track performance. Work with individual teams to enhance their use of data to improve efficiencies. Specific duties will include: 1) analyzing company metrics, data structures, and BI tooling; 2) contributing code to production systems; 3) planning new metrics and proposing refinements to existing metrics; 4) owning BI initiatives that impact multiple teams; 5) strategizing and developing the next iterations of BI tooling; and 6) proposing solutions to our engineering and BI processes to help us improve constantly.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Master's degree or equivalent in Statistics, Financial Engineering, or a related field and 2 years related experience
- Must also have demonstrated ability with each of the following:
- Performing data analytics and report creation for product performance tracking using SQL and Python;
- Using statistical methods to analyze data, identify trends, and provide insights;
- Using advanced SQL skills to explore, manipulate, and analyze data; and
- Interacting with business stakeholders to gather analysis requirements and deliver presentations.
- Will accept experience gained concurrently.
- Will accept experience gained before, during, or after Master's program.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- Individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- Generous leave and flexible hours.
- Daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
California, New York and Colorado only: The salary range for this position is as indicated below. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location, applicant skills, and prior relevant experience, among other factors.
Colorado/New York/California: Salary: $102,482 to $125,000/year.