Data Analyst, Peacock at NBCUniversal (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Technical Operations Assurance team. They will support the design and delivery of analysis, reports and visualizations on business functions, key technology journeys, and performance metrics used to drive meaningful change on key objectives established by our leadership. The Data Analyst will:
- Lead and support rigorous and complex analytical projects end to end from business question through analytical process to final presentation.
- Leverage analytical background to determine when advanced quantitative research tools and models should be used to address stakeholder problems.
- Write complex SQL to query large data platforms to obtain data necessary for analysis.
- Synthesize actionable insights by joining together large data sets from across the organization and applying appropriate analytical techniques.
- Communicate findings clearly and concisely through narrative-driven presentations and effective data visualizations to leaders and decision makers.
- Determine business reporting needs and data requirements through interviews, consultations and document analysis
- Document manual processes, calculations and business logic within specified reporting artifacts
- Create reporting mockups and high-level conceptual data mapping
- Act as reporting power user within business organization providing on-going ad-hoc support
- BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or similar
- 1 -2 years relevant Technical/Analytical experience
- Proficiency in at least one language (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Experience designing/developing solutions using data analytics and visualization technologies; prefer experience with Tableau, and/or Power BI
- Experience working with large, complex data sets
- Experience using Spark and machine learning packages (Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch) to build models a plus
- Ability to work autonomously, interact with management and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Understands BI Visualizations and best practices when building documents and dashboards
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.