Data Analyst - Performance Analytics
Fluent is a leading performance marketing company with an expertise in delivering measurable results. We interact with 1MM US consumers daily across our owned and operated websites. Our team uses the insights gathered from these interactions to drive growth for our partners. Through engaging digital experiences, Fluent creates meaningful and lasting connections between brands and consumers.
As a Data Analyst, you will use your leadership skills, technology insight, business acumen and creativity as the team builds data pipelines and tools to automate reporting and generate insight. You will use a data driven approach to sharpen decision making and drive understanding of our fast-growing business. In this role, you'll be building scalable solutions that will help make data relevant to Fluent’s Enterprise Solutions Group on current and historical performance and visualizing the key opportunities for growth. Using your technical skills, you will build tools to automate reporting and dashboard updates so that Team Leads across Fluent’s different business lines can see quickly and accurately how their businesses are performing.
- Translate business needs into technical requirements
- Build reports, dashboards, models and tools to analyze, report, and present operations related data
- Develop Data Warehousing and Reporting solutions to address the growing business reporting, analytics and data requirements
- Effective project leadership related to Data Analytics
- Brainstorm possible new metrics and/or processes that will lead to revenue growth and/or improved efficiencies
- Passion for learning new products and technologies and maintaining a toolkit of skills
- Develop own vision and opinions whilst also working as part of a team
- 2-4 years of prior experience required
- The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in the development of new Data Automation and Analytical techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with statistical and analytic methodologies using R and Python
- Experience with databases, including SQL coding across standard commercial databases (e.g. Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, etc).
- Data Visualization skills
- Exhibits intellect and curiosity; is rigorously committed to personal learning and improvement
- Displays strong emotional intelligence in order to read and adapt to the situation at hand and adjust approach
- Demonstrates a methodical and meticulous approach to preparation and execution
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also able to build strong internal relationships and build consensus on critical initiatives
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a constantly changing fast-growing start-up environment
- Rigorous yet creative analytic approach that enables superior business outcomes
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition to two fully-stocked kitchens, catered breakfast and lunch, and free workout classes on site, our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with across teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, too…