Data Analyst - Product Analytics at Bread
Bread, a division of Alliance Data, is a technology-driven payments company that partners with merchants and partners to personalize payment options for their customers. Bread integrates directly with merchants on their ecommerce site and gives them a single platform that lets them offer more ways to pay over time. Bread's full-funnel recommendation engine serves up the right options at the right time, empowering merchants to sell more, improve conversion, and lift average-order-value. To learn more, please visit breadpayments.com.
Are you passionate about facilitating data-driven decisions? Do you enjoy tackling challenges at the intersection of business knowledge, data infrastructure, and statistical modeling? Are you looking for an entry-level role that will allow you to hone your analytical skills while architecting your career alongside a team of data professionals? The Analytics team at Bread sits within a rapidly expanding data vertical and works cross-functionally with stakeholders across Product, Finance, Engineering, and Operations to ensure that we are making the best data-backed decisions we possibly can.
Your role at Bread:
- Business Intelligence and Data Visualization: Using Looker, you’ll work closely with our business teams to define new key performance indicators (KPIs) and build out dashboards to communicate results to internal stakeholders.
- A/B Testing: You’ll work with our product teams to design, set-up, monitor, and assess changes to our platform via A/B testing, analyzing the conversion effects across the funnel. You’ll be a part of the process from start to finish, from brainstorming new ways to improve conversion and profitability to calculating the final results to inform the roll-out decision.
- Statistical Analysis and Research: The product space you’ll be working in has a lot of opportunities for research. You’ll spend time working on understanding user behavior from offline and digital engagement with our product to trends in customer repayment rates. You’ll help answer ad-hoc questions and add to our knowledge base, in addition, to conducting analysis on product performance to provide “actionable” insights that drive decision-making for our product team.
- Data Modeling and Data Warehousing: As we add new features to our platform or start tracking new data points, you’ll work with the engineering team to incorporate these new data points into our data infrastructure and load them into our data warehouse.
- Learning and Teaching: As our team grows, we’ll continue to contribute to a company-wide data-first culture and team-wide culture of continuous learning and improvement. You’ll be asked to share discoveries, refine our problem discovery process, and shape our processes and infrastructure.
- 1-2 years of experience in analytical roles
- Bachelor’s degree: Statistics, Finance, Economics, Math, Computer Sciences, or other relevant experience.
- Fluency in SQL and evidenced experience with at least one functional programming language, especially Python or R
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of statistics, i.e. confidence intervals, linear regression, and hypothesis testing
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
Nice to Have:
- Experience in engineering (software engineering, data engineering) roles
- Experience with any technologies in our analytics stack: Snowflake, PostgreSQL, DBT, Databricks and/or Spark, Airflow, Python, Github, Looker, and Docker
- Knowledge about financial services or web applications
- Familiarity with survey data, software, and methods
- Familiarity with an agile working environment