Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
The Data Science team is in charge of making sense of the vast amount of data we have available to help achieve our company’s vision. We build analytics for our clients and our teams to inform business decisions and the product development process. We tell stories about all aspects of the patient journey and use quantitative analyses to explain patient behavior. We run experiments to test our various hypotheses and iterate using our results. We build models to drive better decision-making, both within our organization and for our clients in the healthcare industry.
Cedar is growing rapidly and the demand for analytics is increasing exponentially along with our recent growth. We’re seeking a Data Analyst (Reporting) on our Data Science team to work with our client-facing teams and help them extract valuable, actionable insights from data. The work that the Reporting Analyst does will help both internal and external teams better understand Cedar’s product, performance, and identify strategic opportunities for improvement.
You will work closely with our client-facing and internal teams to understand their data needs, and effectively communicate data insights. We are looking for an independent and analytical problem solver who will be comfortable working with ambiguous questions and has a passion for identifying user’s needs and telling stories with data.
- Identify data-driven insights and recommendations to help our teams and clients address business needs
- Partner closely with the Client Growth and other internal teams to provide clear and user-friendly views that can empower data-driven decision making
- Generate dashboards and reports using our business intelligence tools to surface data insights
- Present and clearly communicate data findings and underlying methodology to partners across all levels of the organization
- Write SQL and/or Python queries when needed for analyses
- Help identify patterns in data requests and enable the Data Science team to standardize reporting for users at scale
- Understand the mechanics of Cedar’s platform and our data models
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role, preferably client facing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Experience with query languages (e.g. SQL) and visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Power BI)
- Independent problem solver with a passion for understanding user needs and surfacing opportunities and insights within data
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and engage with non-technical partners to explain technical concepts
- Strong organizational, time management, and presentation skills
- Interest in exposure to clients in the healthcare industry, growing with our company and team, and helping establish processes
- Knowledge of or experience in the healthcare industry is a plus
- Encompass Cedar’s core values: mission driven, no mediocrity, use good judgement, positivity
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions!
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Data Analyst (Reporting) who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.