Teachable is looking for a Data Analyst. We're a small, tight-knit team of smart people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture, and are on a mission to revolutionize education.
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, as a Data Analyst you will design and develop metrics, reports and analyses to drive key business decisions. You will discover trends and patterns in order to make recommendations. And you’ll collaborate closely with engineering, product, customer care, marketing, and leadership.
We’re interested in someone with good statistical and critical thinking skills. Must know SQL. Bonus points for experience with BI Tools (SigmaComputing, Tableau, Power BI) or delivering reports in excel. Experience with R or python is a plus. Our ideal candidate is passionate about data and loves deriving business insights from it, is a flexible, creative thinker, and cares about both speed and accuracy.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Answering Product Team questions about the performance of specific products in the application
- Producing datasets to support Finance Team reporting needs
- Assisting various business units (Sales, Marketing, Customer Operations) when they need help finding, building, or understanding data sources
- Writing often complex queries to facilitate all of the above
- Building dashboards and visualizations on the BI platform
- Assisting with data prep and statistical analyses
- At least one year of experience in a professional role as a data or business analyst using SQL to produce reports and analyses
- Must have experience working with various business units with different reporting and analysis needs
- Must have a solid understanding of how an online business operates, be familiar with how online products are developed, and have an understanding of how to analyze the performance of a product
- Must be passionate about working with data!
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.