Data Analyst at Share Local Media (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Share Local Media, or SLM, is a rapidly growing startup reimagining the world of offline marketing for tech and e-commerce companies. We started as e-commerce marketers ourselves, and launched SLM with a goal of turning direct mail into a high performing, scalable channel for a digitally native client set. To do so, we’ve taken an inputs based-approach to the space, and re-engineered the channel from the ground up to make it easier to test, faster to execute, more measurable, and ultimately, more effective for e-commerce and tech clients of all types.
So what does SLM actually do? We’re a full-service direct mail agency, media program operator, and technology platform, serving some of your favorite e-commerce and tech brands (think Casper, Lyft, Grubhub, etc.). We live and breathe direct response marketing, and strive to delight clients with high performing campaigns built around fast, data-driven client service, and premium, unique branding.
What are we like at SLM? We’re passionate, humble, and kind. We value data-driven thinking, speed, persistence, creativity, and teamwork. We love helping clients grow and scale through a tactile medium that has long term brand value. And finally, we get excited about transforming an old-school channel into something new through data, product, technology, and a service-driven mentality.
Share our excitement? Great - we’d love to hear from you!
You will be working as part of our data team on a wide range of tasks, which will run from everyday data management and analysis to long term projects to deliver extra value to the business, with plenty of opportunity to contribute and learn. Analyze large data sets and develop custom models/algorithms to uncover trends, patterns, and insights in customer and business data. We frequently work with more data than Excel can handle - you’ll select the appropriate tools for the job.
Evaluate current practices, automate common processes, and take initiative to improve business and finance operations. Collaborate and work cross-functionally with data partners to understand and elevate the analytics functions of experience development, business development, consumer marketing strategy, margin optimization, etc.
Maintain and improve data-driven targeting models to improve reach and conversion. Supporting our mail teams with day-to-day tasks such as creating mailing lists and providing performance analysis to clients.
- Passionate about data, and always excited to find news ways to use it to solve practical business problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM or quantitative field.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an analytical role or ability to demonstrate high-quality relevant project work.
- Experienced in Excel.
- Strong foundation in SQL and at least intermediate level proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or R.
- Excellent communication skills and a flair for making complex technical explanations easy for non-technical people to understand.
- Skills in creating visualizations for us to explore and to help stake-holders understand the data and takeaways.
- Self-starter who is confident in approaching unstructured and open-ended tasks, with great creative problem solving skills.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a collaborative group, as required by the scope of a project.
Would be great to see:
- Exposure to common tools (CRMs, Analytics Tools, Customer Data Platforms etc.) Experience using a BI tool (i.e. Looker and Tableau), setting up dashboards, and an interest in visualizing and exploring data. Using a big data platform for data analysis (Spark, Hadoop etc.) Working with tools such as Jupyter Notebooks, Anaconda etc. as part of your data workflow.
What we offer
- Full-time hybrid role, and/or on-site in our NYC office
- Ownership and growth opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Robust benefits package
- A fun culture including: team events, happy hours, and trips
- The opportunity to work with a group of passionate, humble, and kind team members
If you’re looking to be part of something new that is transforming an industry, this is the role for you. You will be empowered to think like an entrepreneur by coming up with new ideas, testing, implementing, and then scaling them quickly.