Data Analyst at Headway (Remote)
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. That’s why Headway is building the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 200,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact.
Building a new mental healthcare system at Headway is only possible because of the insights and leverage that data can provide. The data team at Headway is a small but mighty team designing the infrastructure, implementing pipelines, and driving the analytics and insights to build that future (and have a fun time while doing it!). The data team is a partner to everyone at headway, educating people about data, data quality, data meaning, and data intricacies.Functions of data at headway:
- Data Infrastructure: engineers the data infrastructure needed for analytics and data science.
- Product Analytics: understands how users interact with our product so we can deliver better user experiences.
- Data Analytics deploys an understanding of our business and delivers insights to operate it more effectively
- Data Science: delivers data as a product to power our intelligent therapist-matching, as well as our smart-survey technologies.
We are seeking an experienced Data Analyst to join our growing Data team. You will be responsible for analytics needs across the organization, working with team leads to dig deep into data that enable better decision-making. You’ll also help support the relationship between the Data team and the rest of the organization through data analysis, dashboards and other tools to empower various business stakeholders. If you are a self-starter, excited about building a data-driven culture, and motivated by making an impact, then you may be a good fit for this role.You will:
- Work with leads across the company to define analytics requirements
- Develop dashboards for teams across the org to support key business decisions
- Collaborate with Analytics Engineers and Product Analysts to model data in a scalable way
- 3+ years of experience using data to solve real world problems and drive decision making within data, product or growth teams
- High proficiency with SQL, Python and Excel, and experience managing a modern BI tool like Amplitude and Looker
- Inherent curiosity and analytical follow-through - you can’t help but ask “why?” and love using data and logic to explore potential solutions
- Exceptional data storytelling abilities, as well as the ability to articulate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Opinions about data analytics and understand how your recommendations drive business outcomes
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and identify opportunities with limited oversight
- Contributing to a team-first environment with excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience developing and documenting data models, data science tools or predictive analytics
- You are motivated by our mission. We are working to solve the biggest problems in mental health care today (access and affordability.
After you apply to Headway, here are some details of what to expect during the interview process.
- Initial screen: You’ll connect with someone in recruiting so you can learn more about the team, Headway’s mission and exciting growth, and we can get a better idea of your background.
- First round: You'll meet with a member of the team for a technical interview and to learn more about the data team.
- Final rounds: You’ll meet several more team members for technical and non-technical interviews and leave with a fuller picture of what it’s like to work at Headway.
- References and the Offer: Our favorite part of the process! We'll send over all of the details, including specifics on employee equity, and congratulatory messages from excited future team members!
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]