Data Analyst at Amplify (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
Amplify's Strategic Insights team is building out its team to meet the needs of a rapidly growing business from a KPI and SaaS metric standpoint. This team analyzes critical business drivers, using sales and operational metrics to support business growth opportunities and drive data strategy moving forward.
The Data Analyst will assist in the development and maintenance of a suite of dashboards and analytics support that provide critical metrics to executives and other stakeholders. Work includes but is not limited to product, sales, marketing analytics via advanced SQL, Tableau, Excel, and Python.
The Data Analyst will work closely with and report to the Manager of Strategic Insights. This role is highly visible and cross functional working with C-Suite Executives, business partners from multiple areas of the business.
This individual will be part of a team that will work across the organization in order to deliver on its analytics needs, drive operational changes to improve data quality, and partner with the Technology organization to ensure that Amplify's enterprise data platform provides data optimized to the needs of the business.
This person must be proactive and thrive in a fast paced environment. They must have strong attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, and have the ability to operate independently.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering and other business or quantitative programs
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical capacity at at a startup or corporation
- Business Intelligence or Analytics experience at a SaaS based startup
- 1+ years experience building high impact dashboards in Tableau or similar business intelligence software
- Experience with ETL, data pipeline creation, and database concepts
- Proficiency with SQL, Excel, Python, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Netsuite
- Help build enterprise dashboards in Tableau to provide critical metrics to executives and business leaders across the organization
- Write advanced SQL queries to build pipelines connecting to Tableau Dashboards
- Work with the Data Governance team in order to build out definitions of key SaaS KPIs so that Amplify's enterprise data platform can be optimized to the needs of the business
- Analyze operational KPIs on a regular basis and resolve changes needed to be made to the inputs into various systems in order to produce cleaner, more accurate data
- Work with internal teams in order to prepare analyses to drive efficiencies and increased sales across Amplify's various products
- Work with the VP of FP&A in the preparation of SaaS related materials for the Board and the executive team on a monthly basis
- Assist in telling the narrative that supports the metrics being calculated from a Saas perspective
- Work with the various GMs of our various products in order to support them in the calculation of and optimization for any useful SaaS metrics for their specific product suite
What we offer:
Salary is only one component of the Amplify Total Rewards package, which includes a lucrative 401(k) plan, incentive stock options, competitive health insurance and mental health options, basic life insurance, paid time off, parental leave, and access to best-in-class development programs. The gross salary range for this role is $90 - $105k. This role is eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus that rewards individual and company performance."
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.