Blink Health is fixing how broken, opaque, and unfair healthcare is. We're a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission. We’re changing healthcare through technology and transparency. With our proprietary technology, everyone now has access to the lowest prices on over 15,000 medications. But there is more work to do.
We are a continuously learning, curious, collaborative team dedicated to inventing new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. We're assembling the experienced and talented team to get this done.
About the role:
Blink is seeking a Data Analyst to join our Data Science and Monetization team. This team is a small and fast growing team of versatile data scientists and analysts positioned at the center of everything at Blink Health.
The Data Science and Monetization team is responsible for tackling some of the company's most difficult problems and distilling its large volumes of data into relevant, actionable knowledge. Areas of focus range from business intelligence, self-service reporting automation, data architecture development, marketing decision support, product testing, pricing strategy, predictive modeling, and financial modeling.
Opportunities for cross-functional projects are plentiful for team members. The team regularly collaborates with the Data Engineering, Product, Strategy and Marketing teams.
The immediate focus of this role will be developing an understanding of our data and developing business intelligence insights. Longer term the analyst will expand to areas of specialty contingent on their skills, interest, and experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with cross-functional teams to help improve decision making with data
- Define and measure business metrics and product KPIs
- Create views and models in looker using LookML
- Conduct exploratory analysis to inform product strategy and evaluate recently released or existing products or features
Aspiring candidates would be expected to:
- Understand our data models and continue to enhance them with SQL enhancements/transformations and implement business logic in LookML
- Get your hands dirty when data bugs inevitably come up - are you ready to investigate errors until you have a definitive answer and solution?
- Be able to advise different stakeholders on what KPIs are important and educate them on how to think about different ways of understanding the business.
- Create ongoing reporting and visualizations that inform stakeholders of key performance and operational metrics.
- Proactively communicate with Digital Marketers, Product Managers, Financial Strategists, and Data Engineers on a regular basis - more often than not, answering questions requires you to get input from each stakeholder.
What You'll Need:
- A strong command of SQL and relational databases
- Comfort with large, disparate datasets
- Experience in Looker, Tableau or other similar BI tools
- Have an educated grasp of eCommerce web analytics and/or digital marketing
- Ability to communicate clearly with a diverse group of potential stakeholders
- Enjoy developing and defending an evidence-based point-of-view
- A desire to learn quickly and develop new skills.
- At least 2 years of professional experience with reporting responsibilities
- Likely have functional programming experience in Python, R, or another language
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first.
It's our ambition that everyone at Blink is doing the best work of their lives.
Your professional development is paramount. Not only will you have the opportunity to learn alongside some of the best in the business, but we also host a multitude of structured in-office learning opportunities: extensive onboarding, Brown Bags, Women's leadership classes, deep dives on health care issues, Book Club, and our Blink Thinks series with external guests. We have a number of personalized programs --- including weekly check-ins with your manager and Blink Individualized Growth (aka B.I.G.) Plans ---- to ensure you are always growing.
In addition to the satisfaction of working for a mission-driven company, we offer a competitive salary, fully-sponsored healthcare, stock options, communal breakfast and lunch every day, Blink-sponsored clubs, monthly events, happy hours, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status