BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits and relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first and offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurant’s website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 5,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Rose’s Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
We’re looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to lead the establishment of a cross-functional data practice within a SaaS company that serves the hospitality industry. You’ll play a crucial role in informing key business decisions and supporting growth at BentoBox.
- Lead and own the setup of cross-functional company reporting, dashboards, and analysis based on an in-depth understanding of business model, operations, product and company KPIs.
- Establish a best-in-class data practice within the organization by vetting and recommending tools, workflows, and infrastructure.
- Refactor SQL code on an ongoing basis to provide insights and check data for accuracy and validity.
- Build a comprehensive data strategy that encompasses financials, sales/marketing/success metrics and product/platform trends to inform business decisions and reveal opportunities.
- Identify, structure and synthesize multiple data sources into digestible and valuable resources.
- Analyze complex data sets, not only looking for trends, but also meaningful edge cases. Clearly communicate findings to leadership, board, and other key stakeholders as needed.
- Support various team initiatives on an ad-hoc basis by fielding requests for reports and dashboards, provide advice and insight along with the data.
- Identify opportunities to automate and streamline processes as company scales.
- Collaborate closely with finance and operations leaders on an ongoing basis.
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Skills and Attributes
- 3+ years of experience working with large data sets to extract and analyze actionable findings
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, charts, functions, and VBA modeling
- Experienced in data modeling in data warehouses or RDBMS. Experience with Postgres a plus. Expert knowledge of SQL is a must.
- Proficiency with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Mode.
- Ability to take unstructured data and turn it into easy-to-understand analysis and conclusions
- Confident with end-to-end data workflows: analysis, reporting, and presenting results in a compelling way
- Proficient in identifying/interpreting trends and anomalies in data, and troubleshooting accordingly
- Experience with at least one other tool or programming language (e.g., Python, R) that illustrates your interest in expanding your skillset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with a knack for communicating your findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing initiatives
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance, including vision and dental
- Flexible vacation plan
- Friday lunches
- Culture perks like dinners at BentoBox customers, cocktail classes, etc.