BentoBox puts restaurants online. We are transforming the hospitality industry by helping restaurants stay at the forefront of technology. Our simple and integrated platform gives restaurants industry-specific tools to manage their website and digital operations, delivered in a SaaS model. BentoBox powers industry leaders such as The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Rose’s Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
We’re looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to lead the establishment of a cross-functional data practice within a SaaS company that serves the hospitality industry. You’ll play a crucial role in informing key business decisions and supporting growth at BentoBox.
- Lead and own the setup of cross-functional company reporting, dashboards, and analysis based on an in-depth understanding of business model, operations, product and company KPIs.
- Establish a best-in-class data practice within the organization by vetting and recommending tools, workflows, and infrastructure.
- Refactor SQL code on an ongoing basis to provide insights and check data for accuracy and validity.
- Build a comprehensive data strategy that encompasses financials, sales/marketing/success metrics and product/platform trends to inform business decisions and reveal opportunities.
- Identify, structure and synthesize multiple data sources into digestible and valuable resources.
- Analyze complex data sets, not only looking for trends, but also meaningful edge cases. Clearly communicate findings to leadership, board, and other key stakeholders as needed.
- Support various team initiatives on an ad-hoc basis by fielding requests for reports and dashboards, provide advice and insight along with the data.
- Identify opportunities to automate and streamline processes as company scales.
- Collaborate closely with finance and operations leaders on an ongoing basis.
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Skills and Attributes
- 3+ years of experience working with large data sets to extract and analyze actionable findings
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, charts, functions, and VBA modeling
- Experienced in data modeling in data warehouses or RDBMS. Experience with Postgres a plus. Expert knowledge of SQL is a must.
- Proficiency with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Mode.
- Ability to take unstructured data and turn it into easy-to-understand analysis and conclusions
- Confident with end-to-end data workflows: analysis, reporting, and presenting results in a compelling way
- Proficient in identifying/interpreting trends and anomalies in data, and troubleshooting accordingly
- Experience with at least one other tool or programming language (e.g., Python, R) that illustrates your interest in expanding your skillset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with a knack for communicating your findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing initiatives
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance, including vision and dental
- Flexible vacation plan
- Friday lunches
- Culture perks like dinners at BentoBox customers, cocktail classes, etc.