Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and great technology to deliver modern intelligence and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
The Data Science team is in charge of making sense of the vast amount of data we have available to help achieve our company’s vision. We build analytics for our clients and our teams to inform the product development process. We tell stories about all aspects of the patient journey and use quantitative analyses to explain patient behavior. We run experiments to test our various hypotheses and iterate using our results. We build models to drive better decision-making - both within our organization and for our clients in the healthcare industry.
Cedar is growing rapidly and the demand for analytics is increasing exponentially along with our recent growth. We’re seeking a Data Analyst on our Data Science team who will work closely with our Business Development team to extract valuable, actionable insights for our clients. The work that the Data Analyst does will help both internal and external teams better understand Cedar’s performance and identify strategic opportunities for improvement.
- Build cross-functional relationships with our Account Management team to understand our clients’ data needs and deliver on those needs.
- Identify data-driven insights and recommendations that help our clients improve their existing operational processes and understanding of their patient populations.
- Leverage Cedar and client data to measure and benchmark Cedar’s performance and operational metrics across different clients.
- Present and clearly communicate data findings and underlying methodology to internal teams and external clients through dashboards and visualizations.
- Help develop and standardize methods and processes with which the Data Science team can scale and enable internal teams to gain access to data insights.
- Understand the mechanics of Cedar’s platform and our data models.
- Perform ad hoc analysis of our client facing systemic issues and answer questions that lead to a solution.
- Act as a client-facing subject matter expert on Cedar data and the insights that we can gather from it.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years experience in an analytical role
- Strong organizational, time management, and presentation skills
- Demonstrates a passion for breaking down and understanding complex systems
- Ability to effectively communicate across business stakeholders
- Interest in exposure to clients in the healthcare industry, growing with our company and team, and helping establish processes
- Knowledge of or experience in the healthcare industry is a plus
- Experience with query languages (e.g. SQL) and deep understanding of data structures
- Expertise in Excel
- Experience with visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau is a plus
- Encompass Cedar’s core values: mission driven, no mediocrity, use good judgement, positivity
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a smart and engaging team working to solve a problem that affects millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks
- Exposure to top venture capitalists including Thrive Capital and Founders Fund