Data Analyst at Alice
Alice raises the take-home pay of working Americans. 156 million employees in the US are spending more and more of their budget on healthcare, childcare, and commuting. Alice uses software to add money to people’s paychecks when they spend on everyday items that are pretax eligible—with no forms, no math, no acronyms. When employers connect Alice to their payroll system, their workers keep more of what they rightfully earn, without any more work from HR. Alice is a true win-win-win. Employees take home more of what they earn, employers save on payroll taxes, and Alice is paid only from what employers save. No one pays for Alice out-of-pocket.
We’re a bright, diverse, and dedicated team solving hard problems. Our day-to-day work crosses cultures we are passionate about—venture backed-tech, government and regulators, employers and business owners, local communities, and working people. We take great pride in having team members from different backgrounds because we know that every voice matters.
Join us!ABOUT THIS ROLE
We're looking for a great data analyst to join our team in NYC — more than just a report jockey, you care more about analysis than simple reporting. Our team is hungry for information, and you relish the idea of fueling their imagination with the insights you generate.
Our mission gets you out of bed and jazzes you up. You get that working at a startup means your work bleeds outside the edges of a conventional job title. When you’re interested you deep dive and tell your friends. You like the tension between craft and shipping. You know how to iterate on your insights fast.ACCOUNTABILITIES
It's not easy to give millions of Americans a dollar an hour raise. You'll play a key role in helping us to understand our business and our users by flexing your analytical and investigative skills. We will rely on you to navigate day to day challenges that might include:
- Conduct end-to-end analyses to answer important business questions
- Using your analyses to help identify and prioritize future product directions
- Working in a cross functional team to understand user behaviors within our product
- Supporting the data warehouse by identifying and revising reporting requirements
- Writing maintainable and efficient code
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to help define and refine requirements for data reporting needs
This is a rare opportunity to join a team with a powerful mission early enough to see your fingerprints shape the product and the company for years to come.
You’ll get to work directly with our repeat entrepreneur founders and the rest of Alice’s high-performance team. Our team has experience from awesome places like Adobe, CBS, Handshake, and Upwork. We’re backed by talented advisors from Grand Central Tech, and notable investors like Bain Capital, Notation Capital, and Trinity Ventures.
Alice will make sure that you have…
- A culture that values your agency, autonomy, and the space it requires to build great things. You can use whatever tools make you most effective.
- A smart and supportive team who are dedicated to our mission and to setting you up to reach your full potential.
- A professional development stipend to invest in ongoing growth, learning, development.
- Competitive salary, 401K match, healthcare, retirement, and vacation benefits.
You'll be a perfect fit for joining our team if...
You want to go back to a Series A stage startup or you are *super* ready to be challenged at your first startup.
You are as comfortable explaining your analyses and insights to a data scientist as you are to an eighth grader
- SQL and python are second nature to you to and help you get the job done quickly, and you also have git and shell scripting in your toolbox
- You've worked the stack of warehouse, BI tools and cloud services and have opinions about the pros and cons of them
- Your special skill is interpreting, modeling and visualizing data — Tufte's 10 rules are second nature to you
- You're comfortable with product analytics
- Comfortable operating with minimal information and prepared to ask for help
- you're able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple simultaneous priorities