Greater NYC Area
Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We’re registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A and are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, and QED Investors—and our first partner is Yale University.
Summer is hiring a Data Analyst to power insights across the entire company. Data lies at the core of our loan algorithms as well as our business decisions, and this position will involve cross-team collaboration to transform data into actionable strategies. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Architect and build frameworks and tools to enable data-driven decisions
- Segment student loan borrowers to understand motivations and use cases
- Support calculations for loan repayment scenario modeling
- Proactively identify patterns in user behavior that inform product opportunities
- Work closely with marketing team to optimize our acquisition funnel
- Collaborate with engineering team to maintain consistent data collection across web, app and API sources
- Champion an experimentation culture that rapidly tests, measures and iterates
- Build dashboards that enable data democratization and empower teammates to monitor key metrics
- Have a direct and profound effect on a data-driven organization that is breaking down barriers to higher education
To be successful in this role, we are seeking a teammate with the following:
- Degree in a quantitative field and 3+ years of experience in data analytics
- Understanding of A/B testing methodologies
- Experience with statistical analyses and data visualization
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of relational databases
- Experience in Python or other scripting languages
- Proficiency with business intelligence tools
- Startup and/or finance experience are a plus
Finally, we are excited to work with teammates who are equally passionate about applying their talents to tackle a major social issue of our time.
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers.
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!
Read Full Job Description