Data Analyst at Cedar
Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and great technology to deliver modern intelligence and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
The Data Science team is in charge of making sense of the vast amount of data we have available to help achieve our company’s vision. We build analytics for our clients and our teams to inform the product development process. We tell stories about all aspects of the patient journey and use quantitative analyses to explain patient behavior. We run experiments to test our various hypotheses and iterate using our results. We build models to drive better decision-making - both within our organization and for our clients in the healthcare industry.
Cedar is growing rapidly and the demand for analytics is increasing exponentially along with our recent growth. We’re seeking a Data Analyst on our Data Science team to extract valuable, actionable insights for both internal and external stakeholders. The work that the Data Analyst does will help both internal and external teams better understand Cedar’s product, performance, and identify strategic opportunities for improvement.
We’d love to hear about what excites you about this job description!
- Identify data-driven insights and recommendations to help our internal teams and external clients identify strategic opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of patient behavior and run experiments to test ideas on how to improve their experience.
- Present and clearly communicate data findings and underlying methodology to internal teams and external clients through dashboards and visualizations.
- Help develop and standardize methods and processes with which the Data Science team can scale and enable internal teams to gain access to data insights.
- Understand the mechanics of Cedar’s platform and our data models.
Skills and Experience:
- An analytical mindset and passion for finding opportunities and insights within data
- Strong organizational, time management, and presentation skills
- Demonstrates a passion for breaking down and understanding complex systems
- Interest in exposure to clients in the healthcare industry, growing with our company and team, and helping establish processes
- Knowledge of or experience in the healthcare industry is a plus
- Experience with query languages (e.g. SQL)
- Expertise in Excel
- Encompass Cedar’s core values: mission driven, no mediocrity, use good judgement, positivity
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- At least 1 year of experience in an analytical role
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a smart and engaging team working to solve a problem that affects millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks
- Exposure to top venture capitalists including Thrive Capital and Founders Fund