The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, and are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
At The Farmer’s Dog, we have a very strong culture of making data-driven decisions. The Data Strategy & Insights team, specifically, works on constantly bringing our whole organization to higher levels. We turn green into yellow and blue in ways that people can use.
As a Data Analyst on TFD’s Data Strategy & Insights team, you will leverage your strong statistical abilities to uncover meaningful insights from our large variety of data sets and many experiments. You will use your technical skills to quickly dive through our data, remove the randomness, and find the true signal. You will find meaningful effects and share insights that will quickly be turned into actions and integrated by a variety of stakeholders into their work.
This is a highly visible role, working closely with stakeholders across the company, including Product Managers, Growth & Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, Finance and others. You will have a strong influence on the design and analysis of our experiments and general knowledge procurement.How You'll Make An Impact
- Analyze large data sets and develop custom models to uncover trends, patterns, and insights in customer and business data
- Deep-dive into experiment results
- Help design new experiments
- Create reports & dashboards that support a wide variety of business needs
- Interpret consumer research studies and help guide the business strategy based on the results
- Work cross-functionally to understand and elevate the analytics functions of experience development, business development, consumer marketing strategy, margin optimization, etc.
- Support brand and growth teams who are charged with creating campaigns, messaging, and managing channel initiatives
- Bring customer profiles, personalities, and needs to life within the company
- Highly comfortable with both SQL and R to extract, manipulate, and analyze data
- Strong background in Statistics
- Ability to switch back and forth between Bayesian and Frequentist approaches
- Familiarity with STAN (or rstan / ratanarm) a bonus, but not required
- Proven history of delivering consumer-led business outcomes
- Strong focus on customer-centric approaches (what’s best for our customers)
- Understanding of business initiatives, and how they would show up in data-form
- Ability to articulate consumer insights, influence decision making POVs, all the while successfully building productive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Natural curiosity -- asking the next question and seeking to understand at the nuanced level to spark a new idea
- Must play nicely with others (humans and dogs)
- Prefer dogs to other species.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug