Bodhala’s groundbreaking legal technology solutions empower teams to analyze, interpret and optimize outside counsel spend — trailblazing a new era of legal market intelligence through AI and machine learning. With legal departments being asked to do more with less, Bodhala takes the ambiguity out of legal spend and empowers business leaders to make strategic decisions and justify those decisions with confidence.
Headquartered in the Financial District of Manhattan, Bodhala tripled its headcount last year and is positioned for continued fast-paced growth, with locations across the United States and in Europe. This position will start remote, but candidates should expect to eventually be onsite in some capacity at our NYC HQ.
Reporting to the Senior Product Data Analyst, the Data Analyst is responsible for assisting and leading several data QA projects on our existing data stores, using data to develop new platform features, and enhancing and uploading incoming datasets.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of building something from the ground up and put your own mark on the company.
- Helping curate the industry's leading source-of-truth data set
- Implementing quality assurance processes with the data engineering team
- Leading efforts to extend and expand data set
- Becoming a domain expert in legal analytics
- Participating in machine learning projects -- labeling data and engineering features
- Communicating insights and helping to structure data roadmap
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field is required, data science and analytics related degrees are preferred
- Advanced degree in data science, law, or related fields a plus
- 2+ years of experience in a data analytics role
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (array formulas, index/match, text manipulation, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL (array formulas, subqueries), experience with PostgreSQL a plus
- Knowledge of Python (Pandas, SQLAlchemy, BeautifulSoup, etc.) a plus
- Ability to operate in highly ambiguous situations
- Highly organized, detail oriented, highly accurate and able to manage multiple priorities
Why work at Bodhala
At Bodhala, we look for individuals who are motivated by complex and challenging work. We want to work with people who share compelling solutions to those challenges, solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, and expertise.
- You will have a lot of responsibility, the ability to make an immediate direct impact, and many opportunities to advance your career.
- You will get first-hand experience of working for a well-funded early stage startup.
- Your dedication, ownership, and self-sustainability will be greatly valued.
- You will work with a team of extremely smart and talented people who value collaboration and hard work.
- We offer great benefits – best-in-class health, dental and vision coverage, a 401K match (with no required vesting period), a generous parental leave policy, commuter and fitness subsidies, an FSA program, and more!
- Competitive compensation, including a Long Term Incentive Plan.
Bodhala is a legal spend management platform founded to provide in-house counsel and their legal operations teams with spend optimization solutions and real-time market intelligence. Bodhala’s platform applies data science, machine-learning, and AI to help companies find the right lawyer, at the right firm, for the right price. Founded by attorneys, the company serves customers across the Fortune 500 and critical services economy industries. Bodhala was recently named One to Watch in Legal Technology by the Financial Times and Legal Tech Innovation of 2020 by Legal Tech Breakthrough Awards.
Headquartered in New York City, Bodhala tripled its headcount last year and is positioned for continued fast-paced growth, with locations across the United States and in Europe.
Bodhala is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.