Data Analytics Engineer at Codecademy
We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of about 200 distributed through North America and headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $87.5m in venture capital funding from top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
At Codecademy, data is at the center of everything we do. We are looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to join our cross-functional product development teams. You will work closely with the squads to understand the health of our product KPIs, map qualitative customer research with quantitative analysis, and investigate the impact of product features and strategic initiatives. All with the goal of ensuring the product squads have actionable insights to better serve our learners. This is a great opportunity to build a diverse set of skills ranging from product strategy, product development, quantitative research, and cross-functional collaboration.
If you are interested in building a business that impacts tens of millions of people and helps them live better lives, join us!WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Evaluate data to proactively identify opportunities that improve the team members’ experience and business outcomes.
- Contribute to analytics infrastructure by building and extending on top of data models focusing on performance and maintainability.
- Ensure upstream product model changes integrate well with our data model, and when it doesn’t build the necessary capabilities to adjust.
- Implement exploration tools and dashboards in Looker to help cross-functional stakeholders glean insights for their functional area.
- Train data champions from across the organization on SQL, dbt and Looker (including LookML).
- Train end-users to self-serve data requests with Looker.
- Apply software engineering best practices to the analytics workflow (ex: version control, testing).
- Identify process improvements, contribute to our documentation, and share best practices with the team and our end-users.
- Reputation as a customer obsessed data and analytics expert
- A “Founder” mentality - relentless, resourceful, proactive, and results-oriented
- Minimum of 3 years in an analytical role for a digital product
- An understanding of experimentation methodologies (e.g., A/B testing, cohort analysis)
- Strong problem solving skills to determine how best to employ multiple data sets and analytical methods to answer product development questions
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in communicating the results of an analysis to a variety of audiences
- Deep technical expertise in SQL and business intelligence tools (e.g., Looker)
- Proficiency with agile development software methodologies
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tight timelines
- Strong track record of establishing trusted relationships
- Proficient in BI tool like Looker, Programming languages like SQL and Python
- Expert in Data Modeling using dbt and LookML, and comfortable using Git and data warehouse like Redshift/Snowflake
- Experience working in Edtech or equivalent industries
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote