Data and Regulatory Operations Associate
Hi, we’re Oscar.
We’re changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service, and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
As the Network Provider Data & Regulatory Associate, you will be responsible for project managing and supporting (1) key data operations to improve the quality of our provider data, and (2) discrete regulatory tasks for ensuring Oscar is compliant with all federal and state regulatory requirements related to provider data. You will work closely with the Senior Manager of Provider Data Strategy and with team leaders across the entire organization to ensure that each business area has the support it needs to leverage provider data in their operations while meeting the associated regulatory requirements. Your work will have a direct impact on the success of business operations and regulatory compliance for the Network team, and for Oscar as a whole.
- Project manage and assist in developing and executing data quality monitoring systems, data remediation initiatives, and operational data workflows.
- Support and track cross-functional regulatory work related to provider data.
- Project manage and assist in developing and executing regulatory tracking systems, training materials, and document storage systems.
- Partner with business owners to translate and operationalize data and regulatory requirements.
- You have 2-4 years of work experience in a cross-functional regulatory or operations environment.
- You have a technical bend and the ability to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. Excel/SQL).
- You are collaborative and able to balance and prioritize cross-functional requirements; you’re a strong team player and open to giving/receiving constructive feedback.
- You are a critical thinker and can distill complex concepts, such as data or regulatory requirements, into easy to understand action items.
- You have acute attention to detail and always strive for perfection when writing formal documents.
- You enjoy the problem-solving process and deriving structure and clarity from ambiguous or open-ended inputs.
- Experience in healthcare, or another highly regulated industry a strong plus.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.