Data Architect at Compass
We are building the operating system for real estate! As a Data Architect, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining our data warehouse environment, and implementing and supporting business intelligence capabilities across multiple business functions and stakeholders. You’ll work as part of a rapidly growing team in a fast-paced environment, and will apply your expert knowledge and current best practices towards architecting, developing and maintaining our data warehouse and business intelligence tools.
You should be comfortable working with many different business and product teams and have the ability to break down and solve complex problems. You should be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and be comfortable interacting with every level in the organization to understand data and reporting needs. You should be able to effectively prioritize requests based on business value, and communicate project status, findings, and escalations on a regular basis.
At Compass, You Will:
- Be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of our data warehouse and business intelligence tools
- Develop business friendly views of our raw data using SQL and business intelligence tools to enable self-service reporting across the organization
- Implement ETL and replication processes to load and transform data from sources including SQL databases, NoSQL databases and APIs into our data warehouse
- Influence decisions regarding data and business intelligence infrastructure, and data integration tools in order to provide solutions for evolving analytical needs
- Establish standards, guidelines and quality assurance for data warehouse and business intelligence deliverables
- Use business intelligence tools to create executive-level dashboards, operational scorecards, and prototypes and templates to encourage self-service reporting
- Actively participate in and influences discussions with multiple business and technology stakeholders around reporting requirements and analytical infrastructure needs
- Provide technical and product support for SQL and business intelligence tools to internal stakeholders
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years experience developing and maintaining SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL or Redshift database systems is required. Familiarity with NoSQL databases is a plus
- 5+ years experience in data analytics & visualization and expert knowledge in Tableau configuration, development and maintenance
- Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in a technical field
- Highly proficient in physical and logical data modeling, establishing data architecture frameworks, and meta-data management
- Ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of data architecture and business intelligence technologies and explain how they affect technical and business decisions
- Expert troubleshooting and performance tuning skills with a high degree of proficiency in SQL optimization, database indexing, and database partitioning
- Experienced in developing and maintaining data classification standards and data integrity controls
- Experience with open source data replication and ETL tools from providers like Pentaho, Talend and SymmetricDS
- Exposure to implementing custom ETL and replication processes using Java, Python or similar development tools
- Strong knowledge in database replication and backups, and familiar with business continuity and disaster recovery processes
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!