At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a Data Architect, you will collaborate with engineers and business leaders across our firm to build and maintain a data warehouse that is scaled and optimized to process massive volumes of financial and alternative data. You will utilize your deep experience with big data technology and knack for designing elegant, highly performant systems to engineer and deploy our mission critical data infrastructure. Your contributions will directly impact our strategic growth by enabling business analytics, data science, and machine learning efforts.
Data Architect Characteristics:
- You have 5+ years of experience building big data solutions while using cutting edge technology (Postgres, Snowflake, MongoDB, SparkQL, Hive, Presto, Oracle, IBM DB2, AWS Redshift, Sybase IQ).
- You have solid foundations as a database administrator and drive performance by designing schemas, optimizing query performance, and partitioning data. You take pride in delivering high availability solutions!
- You are driven to work collaboratively with data engineers, data scientists, DevOps, and the business to deploy critical infrastructure.
- You have mastered at least two scripting languages (Power Shell, Bash Script, Perl/Python, Ruby) and are constantly striving to increase your coding abilities and knowledge base.
- You are an expert in multiple operating systems (different flavors of Linux, MacOS) and are well versed in modern deployment (CI/CD) and infrastructure tooling (Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform).
Data Architect Stack: Python, Postgres, Snowflake, Airflow, Redis, Celery/Dask, Kubernetes, Apache Arrow, Pandas, Sklearn, Kafka, Docker
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks