Data Assistant at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Cell Therapy and Cell Engineering Facility (CTCEF) is seeking a talented Data Assistant. You will support the work of the assigned Principal Investigator by performing supervised tasks including literature reviews and synopses, data management and data cleaning, basic statistical analyses, and formatting of results for eventual presentation and/or publication.
- Assist in acquisition of data from sources, including public-use files, clinical research datasets.
- Create databases by pulling raw data from other sources, including published government reports, and existing surveys.
- Conduct surveys by telephone and mail to external providers
- Create database to capture and story survey data
- Perform data cleaning tasks: checking for errors, inconsistencies, and missing data, in order to prepare data sets for statistical analysis. Enters correct data as needed to complete the dataset.
- Under the supervision of the supervisor, perform standard analyses such as tabulations and summary statistics.
- Learn and perform basic programming (e.g. producing descriptive statistics, tables and graphs) in statistical software applications to prepare datasets for analysis.
- Format data output for presentations, manuscripts, graphical displays.
- Name and save files assuring availability of most up-to-date documents; backs up all important documents and names for easy access; purges files when necessary.
- Create, neat, accurate, well-formatted documents (e.g. memos, project/presentation materials, grant application documents, reports, letters, manuscripts, PDFs, graphs, tables and figures) that are easy to read within timeframes established by author/assignor or supervisor.
- Ensure confidentiality for sensitive documents as per department guidelines (e.g. password protection, placing documents in file folders on desk.)
- Bachelor’s Degree with Healthcare experience with 2-4 years of experience
- Prior execution of research projects related to healthcare delivery either in a work environment or in an academic program #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.