Data Engineer, Business Intelligence
As a Data Engineer for Business Intelligence at Compass, you will be responsible for helping to build the data-driven decision-making culture throughout the organization. You’ll work as part of a rapidly growing team in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for managing large-scale business systems initiatives that impact multiple functions and teams across the organization. In this high impact role you will have an opportunity to work with emerging technologies, while driving business intelligence solutions end-to-end: business requirements, workflow instrumentation, data modeling, ETL, metadata, reporting, and dashboarding. You are someone who loves data, understands enterprise information systems, and has a strong business sense.
At Compass You Will:
- Design, develop, and implement the infrastructure that elevates data-driven decision-making for our proprietary real estate technology
- Work with the enterprise business systems that facilitate the end to end experience of real estate transactions
- Work with company stakeholders and Product and Engineering teams to define analytics requirements
- Deliver flexible and scalable solutions from end-to-end, harvesting process-level data and transforming it into normalized data marts from which operational and process metrics and analysis can be reliably generated
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 3+ years of SQL development experience
- 3+ years of Data modeling, ETL, and Data Warehousing experience
- Familiarity with ETL tools such as Informatica, Pentaho, Talend, etc
- Expertise in modern OO language (e.g. Java, C#, C++, Objective C)
- 3+ years or Python Scripting experience
- Familiar with AWS as a Platform
- Strong business communication skills
- Experience with AWS technologies such as Redshift, RDS, EMR, etc.
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Capable of data processing and transference outside of ETL tools or databases (custom scripts to pull and load from APIs or Files)
- Experience writing software requirements
- Familiar with Enterprise Networking
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!