At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and friction-less user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a member of our Data Operations team, you will sit at the center of our company, providing direct value to the business and engineering organizations. You will collaborate with passionate engineers and diverse stakeholders. You will own complex, multidimensional challenges of scale, enabling the future of Clear Street. Our engineering culture values innovation, creating a great experience for stakeholders, and the ability to learn and adapt to new situations.
- Utilize your Python and SQL skills to build reporting and automate workflows across operations and engineering.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and data specialists to productionize our reporting and analytics, turning prototypes and one-off projects into elegant long lasting solutions.
- Work closely with teams across the business to understand their data and analytic needs, define scope of projects, and deliver results.
- Build on your understanding of the capital markets (trading, clearing, and settlement processes) and to grow as a systematic problem solver.
- A strong grasp of Python fundamentals.
- 2+ years of experience writing Python scripts and using SQL to query databases.
- 2+ years of experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights (financial/business analytics).
- Excellent communication skills and eagerness to work with both technical and non technical stakeholders.
- You’ve demonstrated attention to detail and a customer service mindset.
- You are passionate about the markets and enjoy expanding your understanding of finance, modeling, and accounting.
Data Business Analyst Stack: Python, SQL, Git, Snowflake
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks