Data Engineer - Cloud
Are you passionate about collaborating around technical data challenges to creatively solve complex problems? Come join us!
IEX Cloud is a cutting-edge data platform that allows data owners to deliver and monetize their data seamlessly through an advanced RESTful API and associated e-commerce platform. For developers of financial applications, it reduces the complexity of delivering amazing end-user experiences at an affordable price.
IEX Cloud is a wholly-owned subsidiary of IEX Group and has developed a financial data platform for data creators and consumers. IEX Group was founded in 2012 with the mission to inspire fairness and innovation by creating technology that levels the playing field. The company started by building a U.S. equities exchange, the Investors Exchange, that’s setting a new standard for trading and protecting investors. The story behind the founding of IEX was chronicled in Michael Lewis’ 2014 book Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt.
The Data Engineer will:
- Work collaboratively with team members and customers to identify opportunities and build next generation solutions for our customers.
- Build agile data pipelines to support prototypes, MVPs and finished product.
- Work with large, diverse data sets using big data and public cloud technologies.
- Define and implement data engineering best practice across the team.
- Create modern data infrastructure to the rapid on-boarding and commercialization of data.
- Develop new data engineering approaches to handle a diverse range alternative data.
- Develop and broaden your skills through mentoring and collaboration with experienced professionals.
As a member of our IEX Cloud team you will be a member of a talented team of full stack developers, systems engineers, UX/UI designers and other like-minded colleagues.
IEX Cloud has an ambitious plan to democratize access consumers for data creators, and access to data for application developers and entrepreneurs.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to share best practices for building data pipelines across the business.
- Provide expertise on the development of data models and data wrangling.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Manage internal stakeholders to obtain access and meet requirements for data security.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS, GCP, Azure and open source technologies.
- Build analytics tools that monitor the data pipelines to ensure resiliency and cost efficiency.
- Cross-functional collaboration with IEX Cloud team, as well as with other teams within IEX Group, our customers and partners.
Qualifications for Data Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of work experience.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience creating data profiling, cleansing and data management services.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Interest in Machine Learning & Analytics Operations.
Desirable Technical Requirements:
- Experience with relational SQL, NoSQL, and graph databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Neo4j, etc.
- Experience with cloud services and bare metal solutions.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, Gremlin etc. and experience building MVPs.
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, Kafka, Hadoop.
- Experience/working with ETL patterns and tools.
- Experience with deployment and containerization, e.g., Docker and Kubernetes.
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.